Friday, February 19, 2010

Post 4

Hey guys, I have really found the book "Feed" to be very interesting. It makes you double think everything and think about where we this world and the technology may be headed. It is scary to think that we could possibly have a little chip in our heads that control everything and thinks for us. It is bad enough today, and to actually be faced with the possibility of what life could look like is just really scary. Possibly our children or great grand children could be like the characters in "Feed." They could be living that life where there every thought is basically generated by a computer. Is that the life that we would want them to live? Would we want that for ourselves let alone for generations to come. If people are calling our generation dumb for all of the technological advances that we have today, what would they say if the world was headed toward the "Feed" world?

I have to say that I did enjoy reading the book, it was very interesting. But to think that that is where the world could go is just mind boggling. I don't think that it would be a good idea, it would be terrible for the people of the world and the earth it self. In the book they were destroying some of the natural world. Many people never seen a mountain or could swim in an ocean with out wearing full body armor. How could that be fun, for anyone? The environment in "Feed" is just terrible i would really hate to see the world end up like that. I would hate for future generations to not be able to see a REAL sunset and real natural wonders. This books makes you question everything and makes us wonder if we are even living to the fullest today... Something to think about?

4 comments:

  1. The feed world I think already exists! With all the technology out there in the world today, we basically do have the feed. Our cell phones are basically a feed, they just aren't installed in us. I liked the part where you mentioned baout having the future generations not being able to see real sunset or nature. That is almost how it will be one day. Thats extremely sad to say. This book has definitley got me thinking, well really the other books too, but this one here just hit the the nail on the head and shows what some of the consequences could be. I know I would wnat to wear an orange protective suit when I go to the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the book was an interesting read but not something that i think should happen even though it slowly is! The book has made me consider how many times have i sat and watched the sunset, or went to the ocean all these things we have taken for granted and someday it'll all be gone. Maybe not for our generation but someday soon it'll all be gone. I think is truely sad and a world that lives the way they lived in feed should never even be an option. People needed to be more grounded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you make a good point in saying

    "If people are calling our generation dumb for all of the technological advances that we have today, what would they say if the world was headed toward the "Feed" world?"

    I agree. and we would only become "dumbera" because technology is ever growing and evolving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I read I thought about will we have up cars or will we have chips implanted in our heads in the furture. There is alot to think about when determining our furture and what the out come of it may bring. Technology will only expand and make the world diffcult to handle.

    ReplyDelete