A Clockwork Orange, Where to start with this book. It is very interesting and different and kinda really creepy. You have Alex, a kid that finds pleasure and excitement in stealing, raping and beating people. I find something really wrong about that. I feel like there is something wrong with a kid that does that. I do appreciate that he changes at the end, but why did it take so long for him to move his life forward in a different direction. And what made him start all of these crimes? His parents seem really nice and they provide for him. They care about him. So how did all of this madness get started? What was the trigger for this kid? I don't think that we will ever know. Another think that just really confuses me is that he sees all of this destruction and devastation in classical music. It is sort of a muse of sorts for him.
Reading this book a lot of main and controversial points arose. Just like in class when we talked about whether we agreed or disagreed, we all had different view points and different thoughts on the subject. I think that that is something that the author wanted. He wanted there to be heated discussion about the book among people with far different opinions. I think a good book makes you think and dig deeper and i think that this book really accomplished this goal.
Accomplishments
14 years ago
I agree with you, I think that there is no reasons for the maddness, and leaves you wondering what was the tigger for this. I agree that he wanted different opinions to arise that would lead to heated conversations.
ReplyDeleteThis book is definitely creepy and a little upsetting at times. I don't like all of the beating and raping. And I agree, there is no reason for the madness!
ReplyDelete