Friday, April 16, 2010

Post 8


Beware, having and using are two different words. We have to power to better ourselves in this world, but are we using it. I personally think that i am doing the best i can to better myself while still enjoying life. I have a family, friends, the greatest friend of all. I am happy. Yes, I have a computer, yes i get distracted from doing my school work sometimes. But i am enjoying the life I have been given as well as making the most of it. If there is no happiness, there is no life. No hope of making something better for yourself or your future family. I have the right and willingness to live my life to the fullest and I think I am doing a heck of a good job of it. I the book they have no hope of change, they have no hope of bettering their lives. They have drugs to make them happy. They may not know that they could better themselves, but it is wrong to keep that from them. It is wrong to manufacture humans and take away their rights as human beings. We, unlike the characters in the book, have the ability to change and make better for our selves, and we use that ability to the best that we can while still finding happiness in this world. And that's that.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just glad that we do have hope for change in this wonderful country that we live in. There are so many people out there in the world that we live in today, that almost live the lives that we are reading about in a Brave New World. It would sucks so bad to have to live like that, and when think of the people who actually do live like that, it almost makes me cringe. They do not deserve the conditions in which they live, nobody does. Some way and somehow an end needs to be put to things like that.

    ReplyDelete