A Brave New World, what a brave new world. I think it should be called a new world but brave not so much. It is a place where there is no individualism. No personal identity. No room for new thoughts and ideas. If you don't agree with the government rules, and try to right them you get exiled. You cannot voice your opinion because you are programed not to have one. What kind of world is that? Who would come up with such a crazy thing? Why is that good. Yes, it gives the society stability. But it takes away freedoms and rights of all who live there. You are unable to do anything you want. You can't have a family. Mothering a child is shunned. You cannot have emotions. It sounds like a group of robots. Which is basically what they are. They are programed and trained and made in to monsters. I think that a society isn't a society if there is no free will. Where is the fun in the "ideal" society. There is no room for changes and reform. No one can be extraordinary. Every one is the same, if you are in the same class and that just isn't right. Not one bit.
I also do not agree with the idea of the government. I understand that in a society like this crimes would be reduced greatly and it would be much easier to maintain order but I think it is ridiculous that the people have no say, they are not able to have a say in anything or to better themselves or to choose how they would like to live.
ReplyDeleteYea, i'm gonna have to say that this is one weird world, i'm not too sure about it being all that brave a one. Still not sure if I really even like this book yet. I know I would definitely not want to live there and it sounds like you would have to agree with me.
ReplyDelete